Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Swimming, Love, and Signs

So I went swimming with Jason today after school. It was absolutely freezing! But thats ok because it was probably one of the best times I've had swimming in a long time :D. Let me explain a bit. So as we are riding our bikes to the trail that leads to the lake and Jason just out of the blue says to me "So have you ever been skinny dipping before?". And of course I was like "No, have you?". And hes like "Yah, one time with Brooke (his ex), it was fun, you should definitely do it sometime, maybe invite Alexis (my girl crush) haha". So I was like "When did that happen? And I dont think Alexis would be up to it, shes kinda a prude about stuff". He went on to tell me it happened when I was in the Bahamas in June. So I was like "Well its getting too cold, it will probably have to wait till next summer." so Jason is like "Well, if you want we could today....if you wanted".

So this is the part where I'm about to have a heart attack at the mere thought of it. But he noticed my stalling and was like "its not like it would be the first time you've seen me naked. Its just like the locker room." (Which is true, I have seen him naked on several occasions....Locker room, changing, accidentally walking into the bathroom when he was in the shower, stuff like that).

So I was just like "yah I guess you're right. But its gonna be so cold....". He was like "Thats alright, it will make it feel cooler when you jump in". So as we are walking down the trail I keep getting the mental image of him naked and needless to say I was walking with a hunch most of the way to the lake.

So we finally get to the lake and head over to the spot where we usually swim (its more secluded). And then I start chickening out and am like "I dont know about this....." but Jason was like "Dude, ive seen you naked, and besides then our underwear will be dry when we want to get out". He did have a point. It would have been a really cold ride home if my undies were wet, so I agreed.

Honestly I had been waiting for a day like this forever. And I wondered if he was up to something because he kept telling me that "We need to go to the lake before it gets cold" and "dude we are still going to the lake right. Cause I want to really bad." for like two weeks (Sign?). So now the time had come for me to see him naked, away from people and the politeness that I had to have at his house. I kept wondering if I should make a move.

Now this isnt exactly out of character for us. We do crazy stuff all the time, but we are usually fully clothed when we do it. So this was quite a new thing, even for us.

He was like "I'll get in first. Dont look unless you are gay (jokingly)". So I turn around and hear him undress and jump in. So then I turn around and see him shivering in the water and hes like "Your turn". So I tell him to turn around, so he does. And I get undressed. It was a windy day, but it was still pretty warm out. I had never been naked outside before, it did feel pretty good. So I jump off the rocks and into the water. IT WAS FREAKING ICE COLD! (This turned out to be a good thing, it kept certain things from *ehem* coming up if you will. ;) )

So we swam around for a bit, only about thirty minutes because it was so cold, unfortunately the water is pretty dark so I couldnt catch a glimpse of Jason as we were swimming, because we never really got that close to each other. But as we were getting out it was a totally different story. Jason got out first. Didnt even tell me to turn around. He just climbed out and stood on the rocks getting his towel. I couldnt help but look, this is the boy that I have an undying crush on and he was standing there naked and dripping right in front of me. What would you do?

Jason eventually noticed I was still in the water and was like "Dude are you gonna get out?" and didnt seem to care that I was watching him towel off. (Sign?). So I climbed out and went for my towel, now wishing that the water hadnt been so cold, just in case he caught a glimpse of me......

He was already dressed by the time I was dry enough to put my underwear on. I was like "That is the last time we swim this year. That was freezing, I'm still cold." So he comes over and wraps his towel around my back and arms and rubs up and down and was like "There. You warmer?". By this time I really hope he didn't notice me blushing hardcore. So I got fully dressed. And we walked to our bikes at the end of the trail and just road home. Me smiling all the way!

Sorry for such a long post. But I was so excited!!!!! I probably should have told him right then that I have feelings for him. But I suppose there will be more time. This day almost completely confirms my suspicions, because seriously, does anyone do this with their straight friends?

Comments? Advice?

-Archer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

at least he doesn't seem to be prudish at all, a good sign. however skinny-dipping itself is no sign or evidence -- i've seen some of the straightest guys doing skinny dipping together. jason mentioning and making remarks about "gayness" may be his way to try to figure out if you're gay. just think about it from his viewpoint: if he were gay, he would be just in the same situation as you are: not knowing what the other one is really interested in. maybe he hasn't got enough guts either. however someone has to mention something, otherwise you will be cuddling together for years, not knowing that the other one is gay :D
i still think accidentally mentioning gay stuff is a rather inconspicuous way to find out what the other one thinks, so try it! ask him what he thinks about gays. it seems that you have a close relationship, so don't be afraid of asking him.

A.G.

Anonymous said...

Since you are Bi you can have it both ways, have a conversation about sex with him and mention you like sex with girls and that perhaps one day you might want to try it with a guy because you aren't scared of gay guys like most boys. It will open an avenue for both of you. He could then tell you that he either feels the same way or not.

Archer_W said...

Thanks for the advice :D

We have talked about gay/bi people before and he says he has no problem with them because he thinks people should be able to love anyone. So I know he isnt against gays/bis at least :)

I'm just waiting for the perfect moment. Or maybe I'm just scared :p

Either way, I will tell him eventually. Gosh hes the cutest ever!