Thursday, October 16, 2008

The only two in the world

So today was an interesting day. School is going well and its getting progressively colder. Some of the leaves are starting to change and it adds just the right amount of color to the trees in the forest. Ah fall. It gets so cold but its lovely here. So me and Jason were walking through the forest and it was perfect, the sun was setting, the trees were casting shadows and you could smell the winter slowly approaching. We talked about little things. School, homework, chores, cars, etc. But then we just had a long silence until we reached the looking point. So we were sitting on the rock that overlooks the entire valley and Jason is just looking over at me for a long time. I was looking back. He was beautiful. The shadows of his face were perfectly accented by the sun and his eyes were perfect and sparkling. I could have told him right then I swear if he hadnt said something first. He said "Do you ever feel like its just the two of us? Like we are the only two really in the world sometimes?".

I said "Yes. But I love that feeling. It makes you feel real"

He said "Thats the same way I feel, but about you"

We just smiled at each other and then went silently back down the trail to home.
Just a simple goodnight and that was that.

Some days are just perfect.

-Archer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like it's getting better and better. This looking point seems full of magic. Archer, next time you get there, use the magic of the moment. Be active. Surely it isn't easy for Jason -- figuratively said: you have to meet halfway.
Go and get him :D

A.G.

Anonymous said...

Hey Archer,

Nice start for a blog! I put a link for yours on mine, hope you dont mind. Mine is at:

http://thegenesischildren.wordpress.com/

Might help you get you some hits and new friends :) Tristan

Archer_W said...

@AG

Yah. I know I have to be proactive about the situation. But right then I was ok with just that perfect moment. I didnt want to spoil it with a confession. Soon though. I promise and I will update

@Tristan

Thanks so much for the link :D. I hope lots of people come here and offer advice and opinions!

Mirrorboy said...

Wow archer, now you've got Tristan here - he's the best commenter in the world. ;D

You've got a really nice way with words by the way. The way you describe the world around you and then the object of your affection is quite catching and it easily draws the reader in. You keep doing that and you'll soon have a nice fan base. :D

Anyways, keep at it. I only started my blog a month ago and i've already made some amazing friends.

I'll be reading from now on... O_O

Good luck, love,

===>mirrorboy<===